Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information:
All guests and staff members are required to wear a face covering.
Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center is currently closed to the general public, but open for scheduled events. We’re following Public Health Madison & Dane County’s Forward Dane Plan, which monitors important public health metrics to determine the size of events that can be held.
The health and safety of guests is our top priority. Monona Terrace actively follows the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for Business and Employers recommendations, and consults with Public Health Madison & Dane County and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
We follow CDC cleaning and disinfecting guidelines and have enhanced all of our cleaning and disinfecting procedures to include:
- Touch-free hand sanitizer dispensers are located at key points throughout the building.
- All frequent touch-points are disinfected multiple times per day with EPA approved sanitizers. Touch-points include stair and escalator handrails, door handles, door push bars, elevator and ATM buttons, house phones, counters, toilets, public area tables and chairs and vending machines.
- Restrooms are regularly and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected during event hours and overnight. Our restrooms have touch-free soap dispensers, water faucets and paper towel dispensers.
- Audiovisual equipment will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
Our cleaning staff has received COVID-19 hygiene and safe practices training and are certified Global Biorisk Advisory Council ® (GBAC) technicians. All employees at our facility wear face coverings and are instructed to stay home if they don’t feel well or if they may have been in contact with someone with COVID-19. Signs are posted to remind staff of hygiene and safety protocols.
Additionally, we have the following COVID-19 prevention measures in place:
- Signage with health and hygiene reminders are placed in high traffic areas.
- Our guests are reminded to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, to avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands, and to cover their cough or sneeze with their sleeve or a tissue, and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- To assist event planners, Monona Terrace has created physical distancing floor plans that allow for attendees to remain six feet apart. And guests are advised to follow the physical distancing guidelines recommended by the CDC.
- When appropriate, the public hallways will be divided for one-way traffic flow to limit personal contact.
- Building entrance doorways will be propped open and designated as either entrance only or exit only to limit cross traffic.
- Should someone with symptoms of a virus be identified or self-report at Monona Terrace, we have a dedicated space to isolate that person and will arrange for transport to a medical facility.
According to the CDC, the best way to prevent illness from COVID-19 is to avoid being exposed to this virus. You can take steps to slow the spread.
- Wear a face covering when inside businesses or public buildings.
- Maintain good social distance (about 6 feet). This is very important in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
For more information on COVID-19 please see: