For some, menu planning is the most enjoyable part of planning their event. For others, the process can be daunting. Monona Catering is here to help make it both easy and successful. The following information provides standard considerations you´ll want to keep in mind to ensure you have the right amount of food, the appropriate types of food and the proper length of service to create an enjoyable experience for both you and your guests.
When ordering hors d´oeuvres, the right amount depends on when you plan to serve them.
- Pre-Dinner: 2-4 portions per guest per hour
- Late Afternoon: 6-8 portions per guest
- Dinner: 12-15 portions per guest
- Post-Dinner: 2-3 portions per guest
- 20-50 Guests: Up to two entrees with a minimum of 10 each
- 50+ Guests: Up to three entrees with a minimum of 10 each
For events with less than 20 guests, one entree will be made available. You will need an approved plan for identifying the guest´s choice to the wait staff, such as meal tickets. Please consult your Catering Sales Manager for guidelines.
Remember to ask your guests if they are vegetarian, vegan or if they have food allergies when they RSVP. You will need an approved plan for identifying the guest´s choice to the wait staff, such as meal tickets. Please consult your Catering Sales Manager for guidelines.
Monona Catering recommends a minimum of one double-sided buffet per 150 guests. Please allow adequate space in your floor plan for a smooth flow through the buffet. If your group falls below the listed minimums for the buffet you have selected, please consult your Catering Sales Manager about additional fees that may apply.
A standard dinner service with wine is approximately 90 minutes.
- Salads or Starter Course: 15 minutes or more to serve, plus time to eat
- Wine: 15 minutes or more to serve
- Entree: 20 minutes or more to serve, plus time to eat
- Dessert: 15 minutes or more to serve, plus time to eat
There is an allowance of 90 minutes in our staff scheduling for a client´s program. Should a program require more time than 90 minutes, additional labor fees will apply.